TunnelSAFE Standard Design Refuge Chamber
The TunnelSAFE Standard Design Refuge Chamber is designed for drill and blast tunnelling operations. This portable refuge chamber offers optimum safety features, functionality and performance, and can be easily positioned and repositioned; providing an ongoing, adaptable safe refuge solution for the life of the tunnelling project.
The TunnelSAFE Standard Design (SD) Refuge Chamber offers an ideal solution for projects involving feeder tunnels and single-entry development headings, including sub-surface railway stations, hydro-power stations and other complex tunnel networks.
MineARC's TunnelSAFE Standard Design Refuge Chamber is highly customisable to suit any tunnelling project and can be built to comply with British Standard (BS EN 16191:2014) Safety Requirements for Tunnelling Machinery or the ITA's "Guidelines for the Provision of Refuge Chambers Under Construction".
The TunnelSAFE Standard Design Refuge Chamber features a generous shell size at 2.25m wide, while still providing ample internal space for a range of occupancies - from 08 to 20 people. It's dimensions and rated occupancy can be custom-engineered to project specifications, without compromising on safety or performance.
|Model||Occupancy||Compliance||Height (m)||Width (m)||Length (m)||Weight (kg)|
- Self-regenerative ELV CO and CO2 scrubbing
- Medical O2 regulator and backup
- Positive pressure maintenance system with visual reference
- Audio visual warning for pneumatic disruption
- Aura-FX Digital Gas Monitoring
- Radio power supply
- Air conditioning and dehumidifying
- 5mm steel plate construction with reflective signage
- Water based fire extinguisher (optional for non-Australian orders)
- Full UPS 24hr battery backup system
- Ergonomically designed seating
- External strobe lighting; internal fluorescent lighting
- GuardIAN Refuge Chamber Monitoring
- Custom dimensions and transport configurations
- Blast shield protection (reinforced construction)
- Compressed Air Management System (CAMS)
- Fully flushing, pressurised airlock
- Misting system for external temperature control
- Satellite UPS System
- Internal LCD monitor screen
- Step-down transformer
- Carbon Monoxide Safety-Off-System (COSOS)
- Remote video camera monitoring
- Intrinsically safe MARCis Scrubber
- Automated Oxygen Delivery System (AODS)
- First aid kit