Refuge Chamber Options & Upgrades
GuardIAN Remote Monitoring
MineARC’s GuardIAN Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics System is an exciting new development in refuge chamber technology. GuardIAN enables real-time monitoring; providing confidence that an operation’s fleet of refuge chambers are emergency ready at all times.
- Simple plug and play installation
- Real-time diagnostics and monitoring
- Compatible with any computer, tablet or smartphone
Satellite UPS System
MineARC's Satellite UPS System has been engineered specifically for use in conjunction with refuge chambers; designed to provide a solution to manual handling injuries and to ensure batteries perform at full capacity for their expected life span; limiting all primary aspects of battery degradation.
- Safer battery handling during replacement
- Battery charge balancing and temperature control
- Real-time, remote monitoring of each battery
Aura-FX Digital Gas Monitoring
MineARC’s new Aura-FX Digital Gas Monitoring System is a proprietary fixed gas monitoring unit, designed specifically for use in refuge chambers and safe havens. It has the ability to individually monitor anywhere up to 11 gases via a series of user-friendly, digital screens.
- Monitors up to 11 gases (with external options)
- Audible voice prompts and alerts
- Provides real-time data and analysis via GuardIAN
The Compressed Air Management System (CAMS) is a breathable air system that is unique to the market; offering a range of features aimed at reducing running costs and improving operational safety during an emergency.
- Flood Protection Valve to prevent water ingress
- Air toxicity monitoring and emergency shut off valve
- Optimisation of mine air usage for reduced operational costs
MineARC pressure systems are designed to help maintain a safe, breathable atmosphere within the refuge chamber. Systems include the Pressurised Access Safety System (PASS) for safe entry and the Positive Pressure Maintenance System (PPMS) for positive internal pressure.
- PASS prevents infiltration of toxic contaminants upon entry
- PPMS maintains a positive internal pressure
- Can suit various internal volumes and durations
Airlocks and Vestibules
Airlocks and vestibules are designed to act as a staging area between the enclosed protection of the chamber and the outside environment. MineARC offers a range of internal and external solutions for a variety of applications and entry requirements.
- Provide a seamless entry way into the chamber
- Can be custom-made to measure, ensuring an air-tight access point
- Optional door activation locking system
MineARC can provide structural additions to a refuge chamber or safe haven in order to provide an increased overall blast rating or protection for susceptible components. MWe utilise highly specialised materials and engineering techniques.
- Overall blast rating upgrades
- Blast protection for susceptible components
- Third party verification optional
MineARC Systems offers numerous transportation upgrades to assist in the maneuverability of refuge chambers and safe havens around site. Options include a Scoop (or 'Bogger') Frame and an IT Hitch.
- Available in 4 or 6 person chambers
- Adds another element of maneuverability to portable designs
- Structural reinforcements included